Saturday, September 02, 2006

The West Winger to Western Ireland

"West Wing" star Martin Sheen will next month begin studying at a university in Ireland.

The actor, whose mother hailed from the Irish county of Tipperary, has been quoted as saying he wanted to finish his education when he retired from acting as he never got his high school diploma, according to media reports.

Last year NUI conferred an honorary degree on Sheen, real name Ramon Estevez, for both his acting and "his consistent and meaningful engagement with civil society".

A dedicated supporter of liberal causes, Sheen has been arrested more than 60 times for public protests.


National University of Ireland, Galway

I've been to Cork, but not to Galway. I may have to check that out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Russ!

What email address are you using these days?

I emailed you a few months ago, but never heard back.

If you still have my yahoo address please drop me a line so I know where to write.

Also include your telno --I'd like to talk to you sometime.

As usual, love to all.

--Joe

Voltaire's Child said...

Joe Corneeeeeelius,
As you can see, I received your post, but it arrived in my Inbox as "anonymous-comment" even though it had your name on it. I have the option of publishing or rejecting it.
I don't have your yahoo address, so we're playing blog tag now. Send another comment and include your address. I'll keep your address and reject the comment so it won't get published here.